Personal Finances Financial Health Date (90 Minutes)
- Step 1 – Watch Brian and Mary Ellen Testimonial Video (9 minutes).
- Step 2 – Watch Free Methodist Church Webinar Video (23 minutes) with Larry Roberts and Brian Kluth.
- Step 3 – Optional: Watch Month #1 Instructional Video (9 minutes). This has similar overview information as in the Free Methodist webinar video, but has been recorded for other pastors and groups.
- Step 4 – Assessment Survey – Please take the survey individually (~10 minutes). Print out your emailed results.
- Step 5 – 40 Day Generous Life Devotional – Get your free online version for your iPhone/Android/Windows phone or tablet (go to your app store and search for “givewithjoy” (one word, no spaces). A free online or daily email version is also available at GiveWithJoy.org. For discounted printed copies, click here. Starting within the next few days, begin reading this devotional together each day as a couple or with your family. Take turns on who reads each day’s devotional. For those interested, there are also daily teaching podcasts (usually between 3-7 minutes) you can listen to.
- Step 6 – Decide on a monthly, 90-minute Financial Health date when you will meet together to work on these things. Write this on your calendars.
- Step 7 – Sign up for the private Free Methodist Church Facebook group, an online community of others pastors, spouses and church leaders going through this training at the same time.
- Step 8 – Download and print each of these before the webinar. Put them in a Financial Health folder or 3-ring binder.
Best Practices Worksheet
Online Training 6-month Schedule
- Step 9 – Let us know that you have completed Month 1 training by filling out this form. This is required for all grantees.