Grant-Funded Online Courses and Financial Assistance Grants
The Alliance has been chosen to receive grant-funded Financial Health online courses to better serve our pastors, leaders and congregations in the area of personal finances and church generosity. We have also been given grant funds to provide a limited number of honorarium eGift cards to pastors who complete these courses and financial assistance grants to a number of pastors in need.
- We invite all our pastors (and spouses, if married) to sign-up and take the Personal Finances course. Click here to watch the course overview video. We are offering a $100 honorarium Visa eGift card for the first 25 pastors who complete this online training.
- We encourage pastors (including assistant or associate) and a group of 3 or more lay leaders to take the Church Generosity course that starts in January. Click here to watch the course overview video. We are offering a $300 honorarium Visa eGift card for the 25 senior pastors who complete this online training with a group of leaders.
- You can scroll down this page to preview the monthly video lessons or download the course overview PDFs. You can sign up for these online courses in the upper right corner or bottom of this page.
Financial Assistance Grant
- The $2000 financial assistance grant application period is now closed. The opportunity will be available again in June 2019.
Links to Other Financial Resources and Services from our Denomination
- Gift Planning and Stewardship Services
- Saving and Investing with ADF
- Alliance Benefits (Health, Life and Retirement)
- Free Church Resources from ECFA
Personal Finances Training for Couples and Individuals
Preview monthly videos and key content that is included in the Personal Finances training by downloading the Personal Finances Course Overview PDF or clicking on the months below.
Session 1: Course Overview, Testimonial, Devotional, Assessment Survey, Best Practices
In this session, you will get an overview of the course (12 minutes), watch a testimonial video (9 minutes) on how the course impacted one couple and begin going through the 40-day Generous Life devotional. You will also take an assessment survey and be able to download the Best Practices worksheet to help you identify areas of financial health where you’re already doing well and where there is room for improvement.
Session 2: 10 Ways God Provides and 6-Month Planning Calendar
The Session 2 training video (5 minutes) introduces the handout and teaching video (39 minutes) on 10 Ways God Provides When the Paycheck Isn’t Big Enough. After watching the videos, you can use the 6-month calendar to decide on what Best Practices will help you improve your financial health. And, you will watch a short Ron Blue video on creating a workable budget.
Session 3: Financial Freedom and Counting Your Blessings
The Month 3 training video (10 minutes) covers teaching on Financial Freedom and Counting Your Blessings. You will be asked to begin “counting your blessings” and record God’s provisions in a notebook. And, you will continue to use your Best Practices worksheet and planning calendar to help you focus on your financial health goals for this course.
Session 4: Best Practices, Tracking Your Expenditures, Establishing Financial Goals
Session 5: Financial Curriculum
After watching this month’s teaching video (4 minutes) you will discuss the financial curriculum or book you chose last month. You will be encouraged to continue monitoring your expenditures and work on your established financial goals.
Session 6: Legacy Giving and Christian Legacy Organizer
This last month of training will cover the Bless Your Church initiative. You will begin by watching the Session 6 video (11 minutes) followed by a discussion on the Bless Your Church brochure and legacy giving. And, you will be given free access to the Christian Legacy Organizer. You will continue to use the Best Practices resources to help you meet your financial goals.
Church Generosity Training for Pastors & Church Leaders
Preview monthly videos and key content that is included in the Church Generosity training by downloading the Church Generosity Course Overview PDF or clicking on the months below.
Session 1: Introduction, 10 Ways People Are Influenced to Live Generously, Devotionals
In this month, you will get an overview of the course (10 minutes) and will learn the 10 Ways People are Influenced to Live Generously. You and your leaders will begin going through the 40-day Generous Life devotional. After the meeting you can download the Best Practices worksheet, planning calendar and complete the self-assessment survey.