Free Online Courses and Matching Grants
The Church of the Nazarene, in partnership with the NAE Financial Health initiative, is pleased to provide grant-funded online courses for Nazarene ministers, leaders, and congregations in the areas of Personal Finances and Church Generosity. There are also a limited number of matching grants available to qualifying pastors for personal debt reduction or contributions to their U.S. Nazarene 403(b) retirement accounts or Canadian Registered Retirement Savings Plans.
- Personal Finances: We invite all our ministers (and spouses, if married) to take the Personal Finances online course. To watch a course overview video for the Personal Finances course, click here.
- Church Generosity: We encourage senior pastors, with a group of three or more lay leaders, to take the Church Generosity online course. To watch a course overview video for the Church Generosity course, click here.
- Qualifications: The COMPASS Quest matching grant is available to senior pastors and full-time associate pastors, serving in U.S. or Canadian Nazarene churches, who complete the Personal Finances course (with their spouses, if married).
- Matching Grant Application: If you qualify, please submit the online application when you register for the Personal Finances course.
Amazon eGift Cards
Sign up or sign in to have access to this program:
- $100 eGift card to the first 15 pastors (and spouses, if married) who complete the God Is Your Provider Personal Finances 6-session online course.
- $200 eGift card for the first 15 senior pastors who go through the Church Generosity 6-session online course with their church board or three leaders.
- $150 eGift card for senior pastors whose board/leaders use the Bless Your Pastor resources and receive and report by 1/15/20 the amount of the appreciation offering they took for their pastor or pastor and staff. Click here for a Bless Your Pastor reporting form.
Links to Other Financial Resources and Services from our Denomination
Personal Finances Training for Couples and Individuals
Preview monthly videos and key content that is included in the Personal Finances training by downloading the Personal Finances Course Overview PDF or clicking on the months below.
Month 1: Course Overview, Testimonial, Devotional, Assessment Survey, Best Practices
In this month, you will get an overview of the course (8 minutes), watch a testimonial video (9 minutes) on how the course impacted one couple and choose a generosity devotional to go through. You will also take an assessment survey and be able to download the Best Practices worksheet to help you identify areas of financial health where you’re already doing well and where there is room for improvement.
Month 2: 10 Ways God Provides and 6-Month Planning Calendar
The Month 2 training video (3 minutes) introduces the handout and teaching video (39 minutes) on 10 Ways God Provides When the Paycheck Isn’t Big Enough. After watching the videos, you can use the 6-month calendar to decide on what Best Practices will help you improve your financial health. And, you will watch a short Ron Blue video on creating a workable budget.
Month 3: Financial Freedom and Counting Your Blessings
The Month 3 training video (6 minutes) covers teaching on Financial Freedom and Counting Your Blessings. You will be asked to begin “counting your blessings” and record God’s provisions in a notebook. And, you will continue to use your Best Practices worksheet and planning calendar to help you focus on your financial health goals for this course.
Month 4: Best Practices, Tracking Your Expenditures, Establishing Financial Goals
Month 5: Financial Curriculum
After watching this month’s teaching video (4 minutes) you will discuss the financial curriculum or book you chose last month. You will be encouraged to continue monitoring your expenditures and work on your established financial goals.
Month 6: Legacy Giving and Christian Legacy Organizer
This last month of training will cover the Bless Your Church initiative. You will begin by watching the Month 6 video (11 minutes) followed by a discussion on the Bless Your Church brochure and legacy giving. And, you will be given free access to the Christian Legacy Organizer. You will continue to use the Best Practices resources to help you meet your financial goals.
Church Generosity Training for Pastors & Church Leaders
Preview monthly videos and key content that is included in the Church Generosity training by downloading the Church Generosity Course Overview PDF or clicking on the months below.
Month 1: Introduction, 10 Ways People Are Influenced to Live Generously, Devotional
In this month, you will get an overview of the course (9 minutes) and will learn the 10 Ways People are Influenced to Live Generously. You will also choose a generosity devotional for your leaders to go through. After the meeting you can use the Best Practices worksheet, planning calendar and complete the self-assessment survey.